Back to Rojo

If you remember a while ago I switched back to using the Sage Firefox extension for RSS reading, since Rojo was having some issues at the time.

Well, I just checked in on Rojo again, and I’m happy to report that not only have they fixed those issues, but they’ve dramatically improved the UI as well. This is pretty much what I would consider the ideal online RSS reader, at this point.

Oh, and for those of you who may still be loading each individual blog site that you read to check for new posts and comments, I highly recommend moving to RSS; it will save you a ton of time. You can sign up for a free account at Rojo.com.

This entry was posted in Blog Posts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Back to Rojo

Wow, I hate the new redesign. So much I moved to feedlounge.

I guess everyone has their own tastes. I think it looks much better than Feedlounge.

oh and Rojo doesn’t have keyboard shortcuts.

Yes, but it’s designed well enough not to need them. Feedlounge is way to cluttered / cramped with the panel layout for my tastes.

Also, if you really want keyboard shortcuts, you could do greasemonkey scripts for them, but personally, I don’t miss them much because Rojo is laid out in such a way that I don’t really feel like I need keyboard shortcuts for now.

Plus, best of all, Rojo is free.

Feedlounge has a view just like Rojo with feeds on the left and all the post titles on the right, even the option to have them expanded or not.

Cluttered, OMG, ROJO is the most cluttered feed reader out there with all of their stupid ass feed recomendations and add mojo crap.

Rojo seems like they don’t know when to stop.

Feedlounge does charge but it’s way worth it if you use RSS a lot and you want pretty much a solid and fast online client. And that’s the difference feedlounge is more of a rss client (feedemon and netnewswire) where as rojo is just a feed reader (bloglines and newsgator).

If you want rojo and feedlounge to pull ‘em out so you can measure, here is a link that would help:

Actually they need to update that graph because feedlounge has sorting by date but it also has del.icio.us integration (like you care), a better tagging system, colored tags, tagging of feeds, flagging of items, multiple layouts, a history and if my change helps them get the other features like mobile access, searching and sharing up and running I’m all for it.

What graph?

You’re right, I don’t use del.icio.us, so that one doesn’t matter for me.

I don’t see anything better about the tagging system in Feedlounge than Rojo. You can tag feeds just fine. I don’t know about colored tags, but it doesn’t sound like something I’d be into anyway.

I don’t think I ever looked at the “history” feature. What is that about?

I’m not sure what exactly you mean by searching and sharing, but you can already share in Rojo. Not sure about searching, but I probably wouldn’t be searching RSS feeds anyway; there are already other apps that search syndicated content pretty well (like Technocrati), which is probably why Feedlounge doesn’t do it.

Your last comment made more sense after I took the one before it out of moderation.

ha moderation.

Ya, it’s set to auto-moderate when people say “OMG” and when they’re failing to convince me that the product they prefer is better than the one I prefer.