Airplane seating

JetBlue Leg roomI’m sure that frequent readers here are probably sick of me talking about how much I prefer JetBlue over all other airlines, but I couldn’t resist posting this picture.

Sure, the individual DirectTV televisions in the back of every seat are great, but the other huge benefit is that their rows offer much more leg room than the average, as seen in this photo.

UPDATE – this was actually an exit row, so it had a bit of extra room, but even the regular rows have more than the average amount of space.

On a related note, whatever airline you choose for your flying needs, you might just want to pick a seat at the back of the plane.

This entry was posted in Blog Posts and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Airplane seating

1. lisa.stryker says:

The problem with the exit row is that you can’t recline your seat. Also in my experience the seat seems tipped slightly forward and you have the feeling you are sliding out.

Yeah, I didn’t mind the reclining thing since I usually don’t recline my seat anyway, but it did bug Martha.

I now wish I would have taken another picture in a non-exit row, just to show that even normal rows have quite a lot of leg room on their planes.

Luckily, on JetBlue you can choose your seats online ahead of time, either right when you buy them or anytime before the flight, so you can usually get whatever type of seat you’d like unless you are doing the trip last minute.

3. nstryker says:

now we just have to fly to someplace we’ve never been so we can! jetblue has flights out of portland, but not to socal…

those seats are a little too open. i’d feel exposed.

Yeah, that’s the only downside – they do only support a limited number of airports. Luckily, I’ve only needed / wanted to go to NYC and DC in the last couple years, and those just happen to be two of the ones they have a lot of service to / from.

5. nstryker says:

it’s not just limited airports, it’s limited flights. the only way to get from burbank to portland is to go through chicago…they don’t do any regional flights.

Yeah, I think it’s both. Long Beach is more of a hub for them than Burbank, so there are more outgoing (and incoming) flights from there. I always end up going out of Long Beach rather Burbank because there are more flight selections, but neither goes to Portland.