Fitness update: week 2

Well, it’s been a little longer than a week since my last posting on this, but it’s not because I’ve fallen off the wagon – just haven’t had a lot of time.

As of Monday’s weigh-in, I lost another 3 pounds, which makes a total of 8 for the first 2 weeks. I was hoping to match the first week, but that may have been overly optimistic. At first I was a bit disappointed, but I realize now that it’s still pretty good progress, and I just need to keep moving forward.

I didn’t quite follow through on my other goal of doing cardio twice a day either; I think there was only 3 days of the week that I did it more than once, and one was on Saturday when I tried to make up for it by doing morning treadmill (at home) then riding my bike to the gym and doing weights and treadmill there. So far, this week is looking the same, but I’d still like to find a way to get into the twice a day groove.

Anyway, I still have a very positive outlook on how it’s going so far and what I imagine the results will eventually be in the future. The one hiccup in that is an upcoming trip where I’ll have to be away from home with the temptation of free restaurant food for every meal without many other easy alternatives; still have to figure out a plan for that one. I’m definitely going to address it somehow, but I’m thinking I might just make it a goal to hold my ground on that week rather than losing anything.

This entry was posted in Blog Posts and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Fitness update: week 2

1. martha says:

Babe…I can help you with the trip. And hopefully the hotel has a gym so no missed workouts necessary.

xo

I know, I think as long as I pre-cook a bunch of chicken and bring some protein shakes it will be fine.

If there’s no gym at the hotel, I do plan to still run every day, one way or another.

3. Dave Z says:

Nice!
    I need to exercise more regularly.
    Good job in that you are at least doing it.

Yeah, I’ve made several shorter term attempts before, but I plan on really getting to where I need to be and staying there this time around.

5. allison says:

james travels a ton, and only has the option to eat at restuarants..and he’s gotten really good with altering menus and finding good options….plus, once you order the food, there’s no option..you’re stuck eating the ultra-healthy stuff you order…hehe

6. allison says:

P.S…I love these entries. I too am on the path to recover my bikini body. You’d think with having a couple of non-work/school days, a week but i could get a workout in…but I can’t seem to find time for more than 2 cardio days…urg…so frustrating!

Cool, that’s good to hear. I’ll be rooting for you! Martha knows some pretty good online trainers if you want to go really hardcore.

8. allison says:

oh….I’ll have to email her. I was thinking about doing body for life…but the book that came out for women. I know it’s a big thing to take on…but I’m feeling really determined to change everything…

9. martha says:

I have not read the BFL women book but have heard poor reviews. People say it really isn’t body for life at all.

10. allison says:

yeah…my sister n law told me to read it over…..but I went to the website and I’m really like that program better…I really wanna do the “lean and tone” verison….but not sure if I wanna start alll the supplement stuff. i think I’m gonna follow the food and workout regim…..I’ve done well so far…but between james’ work schedule and mine, getting time to just workout has been tuff….

Cool; I’m basically doing the BFL program, although there’s probably slight things I may be doing differently since I haven’t actually read the book.